Monday, May 4, 2009

My Quick Little Jaunt

Well, I just got back from my run to CVS.  I did several different transactions and rolled, rolled, and rolled my ECBs.  The scanner was nice to me and I got 2 (yipee!) $4 off $20 CRTs.  I swear I could have kissed that machine!  It also gave me a $5.00 off Dove Skin Vitalizer so with my MQ I got another one of those for free.  Rather than break down every single transaction I will share what I got and what Qs I used.  The rest of the dollars were covered by rolling ECBs and using the $4 off $20s.

17 Vitamin Water - $22.66, Earned $10 ECB
3 Kellogg's Cereal - $10, Earned $5 ECB
Dove Skin Vitalizer - $8.49
6 John Frieda Shampoo/Conditioner - $30, Earned $10 ECB
3 Adidas Deodorant - $11.97, Earned $9 ECB
2 Colgate Max Fresh - $5.98, Earned $4 ECB (1 of them was a bonus w/tooth
brush)
Zantrex - $4.99, Earned $4.99 ECB
Physicians Formula Lip Plumper w/ Bonus Mascara Plumper- $9.99, Earned $5 ECB
-$17.00 MQ (Vitamin Water)
-$5.34 MQ (Kellogg's)
-$5.00 Store Q CRT (Dove Skin Vitalizer)
-$3.50 MQ (Dove)
-$12 MQ (John Frieda)
-$3.00 MQ (Adidas)
-$2.00 MQ (Colgate)
-$1.00 MQ (Physicians Formula)
-$4 off $20
-$4 off $20

Total Before Qs:  $104.08
Total After Qs and ECBs:  $4.17, I started out with $25 ECBs and ended with $33 ECBs

There you have it!  I took this close up so that you could see the 2 bonus products.  Both rang up fine and the ECBs printed.  So, I got the mascara plumper and the toothbrush as a little extra lovin'.  Hope your shopping was as fun as mine!  

3 comments:

Garnet said...

Oh Alita! You are my hero. Seriously. I keep trying to go back to CVS and do this and my transactions always get messed up or the bigger problem is my store is always out of stock on the good deals!! Aaaaaugh. Maybe CVS-ing is not for me. Oh, but I really want it to be!

ally said...

alita, I have been trying to follow this...and I am soooooo lost!! First of all, where do you find all your MQ's????

ali(deming)

Ali said...

Don't give up Garnet! It takes a bit to learn how to maximize the savings, but you can do it!!! Just keep reading what people do to make it work and keep it simple at first.

Ali--little Ali of course I know you are my little Deming friend. ;) I saw you were following me and it made me smile. MQs are manufacturer coupons and I get most of mine in the Sunday morning paper inserts. I get the Boston Globe, but every major paper has advertisements filled with coupons. I also get some of mine online and print them off. I did a post on March 25 that details all of my resources for getting MQs but most of them are from the paper. BTW--sometimes when I list my MQs I list the total off and it is a cumulative amount (for instance on the Vitamin water I had $17 dollars in MQs but they were 17 $1.00 MQs from the paper). I have made friends with my paperboy and he gives me lots of inserts for free in addition to the subscription that I have. Hope that helps. Keep asking questions. It is how you learn. Be sure to read the posts that are intended to teach (101 tutorials) TTFN!