Saturday, May 2, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

I've been a busy girl, so before things get too far ahead of me, I thought I would report on how I finished up the shopping for this week.  I didn't reach the goal of getting my ECBs back up to $30, but I got to $25 so that will just have to do!  My final CVS transaction was for the Bandaid deal.  It is funny how you hope a deal is going to be smashing, but this was just passable.  I was hoping to find $1 a box a Bandaids, but those proved to be elusive.  So I got them for $3.59 a box.  Here is what I did:

Transaction
6 20ct. boxes of Bandaids - $21.54
2 Gold Emblem Chocolate peanuts - $1.98
-$4 off $20 CRT
-6 $1 MQ (Bandaid)
-$2 CRT Store Q (Gold Emblem)
-$10 ECB

Total Before Qs:  $23.52
Total After Qs:  $1.52, Used my blessed GC from the refunds earlier in the week so my actual OOP was $0!  Yay!

The first aid kits in my car and home were both getting low on Bandaids, so with one shopping trip and $0 I refilled my stock.  

In other totally non-coupon related news, I am making
 cakeballs today.  It's my first time, so I figured a trial run was necessary.  Mel, I hope they are as good as you say!  We have tons of family coming for my husbands graduation soon, and I need an impressive celebratory cakeball.  Check out Bakerella for her beautiful cakeball creations.  I was trying to figure out a graduation shape that I could make them into.  Any brill ideas?  I feel like I am floundering a bit because my previous baking adventures have often gone awry.  Check my latest blunder out here.

8 comments:

Garnet said...

You should do graduation cap shaped cake balls! Just make the regular cake ball shape and top them with some sort of square chocolate covered cookie (I'm thinking keebler has to make something like that) Attach them with a little chocolate, add a licorice whip tassle and you're good to go!

Ha. I say that like it's totally easy. I've never actually attempted cake balls, but I wish you best of luck!

Natalie said...

Ali, those cake balls are the cutest thing I have seen in a while! I think you could try to do a little rolled up diploma. The grad cap is another really cute idea.

One tip for frosting a cake: use parchment paper in the bottom of the cake pan so the cake doesn't stick to the pan, and freeze the cake for 30 or so before you try to frost it. It makes it so much easier and the crumbs don't pull up into the frosting as much.

Thanks for the info last night. I actually saved $35 in coupons today. That was great, but the store wasn't paying me to take the items home, so I have a way to go.

Ali said...

Yay Natalie!!! WTG!!!

I like both of those ideas. I actually reported on what they look like on my family blog. (aaronalita.blogspot.com) They turned out okay, but I have a long way to go to make them into cute grad caps or diplomas. I'll have to practice. ;)

The Coupon Goddess said...

Hey cutie! A square of Ghiradelli chocolate would be a great graduation cap topper. :) I bet they will come out awesome!!

Diana said...

I found you!
Just had to report on one of my finds yesterday...felt so pumped to get something for NEXT to nothing and no coupons....
In the clearance at Christmas Tree Shop I found the candlestick lamp that I had been looking for for my living room corner bookshelf...all it needed was a spot of glue! lamp shade was perfect and came with it...total price....$1.97...REALLY!
Allie-
thanks for the couponing class...when is our fieldtrip? Or can I just tag along when you go shopping next?

Ali said...

Awesome deal Diana! I love when I find those kinds of gems! I wish I could take you all in my little pocket. We'll have to work something out. ;) BTW--I love your blog. I may have to lurk there every now and again and learn how to be you. You are a-mazing.

Dana said...

Ok, I'm preparing myself. I have my little coupons for Kellogs to take to CVS along with a question - is there a way to get manufacture coupons now so I can work the CVS spend 20 get 10 bucks deal?

Ali said...

The short answer is yes. You can use the vitamin water printables and if you do the kellogg's deal in a separate transaction, then you can use the $5 ECB from it and roll it into the Mars/Coke deal. HTH. I posted some ideas of other transactions using the current sales and deals.