Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Husbands, Gotta Love 'Em

I sent my husband off to do the shopping for Mother's day on Saturday.  He gets a little nervous about using coupons, but despite this his overall savings were 38%.  It really isn't too bad for a beginner.  My new numbers in the right hand column do have this shopping trip factored in so that is why my percentage of savings has dropped from 90% down to 88%.  DH has been trying to learn how to meal plan and cook a little bit better.  So, instead of buying the 1 large container of sour cream that he needed, he bought 3 of them because he was so nervous that he would not have enough.  Buying unecessary multiples without a coupon is what hurt his savings.  These are the learning experiences that will only make him a more savvy shopper.  ;)  WTG Aaron.  Pretty soon, I will delegate all shopping trips to you!!!  TTFN!

No comments: