Thursday, May 21, 2009

CVS, A Slow Week For Me

I apologize for my absence so far this week.  I have been hosting loads of family for the last 10 days and life has been a bit too busy for me.  ;)  Shopping has, believe it or not, taken the back seat.  I hit CVS today and did two transactions.  This is what I did:

Transaction 1
6 Dry Idea - $15.00
1 Covergirl Outlast - $7.00
5 Trial Size St. Ives Facial Scrub - $7.45
- 4 $1.50 MQ (St. Ives)
-$1.45 MQ (St. Ives, adjusted down manually)
-6 $2.00 MQ (Dry Idea)
-$5 off $30 CRT
-$5 ECB

Total Before Qs - $29.45
Total After Qs - $0, Earned $6 ECB (Dry Idea), $3 ECB (Cover Girl)

Transaction 2:
Sally Hansen Quick Dry Pen (BOGO %50 off) - $12.74
8 Hershey Dark Chocolate Bars - $11.94
1 CVS Garbage Bags - $4.99
-$4.25 BOGO MQ (Sally Hansen)
-7 $1.00 MQ (Hershey's)
-$2 off $5 CRT Sally Hansen 
-$4.00 off $20.00 CRT
-$11 ECB

Total Before Qs:  $29.67
Total After Qs:  $1.42

My second transaction was a botch through and through.  Somehow I missed
 that the limit on the Hershey's deal was 2.  So, I only got the BOGO deal on two of them.  The rest of them I spent at least $1 per bar.
  Grrrrrr.... I love chocolate, but wouldn't have bought them if I knew I would pay a dollar a bar!  Fortunately, I have plenty of ECBs to cover my stupid mistake.  Also, the Sally Hansen deal didn't work out precisely how I planned, but I needed some top coat for my loverly nails so it's all good.  As it was, I spent $1.42 for $59.12 worth of product.  98% savings is passable.  I am excited for next week.  It looks like we should be able to get $85 dollars worth of stuff for nearly free.  There are 6 different products that will be MMs for me.  Plan well and it will be a doozie!!!  Happy Shopping!

No comments: