Monday, April 27, 2009

Yippee!


I have been looking everywhere for a store that carried the Marcal line of paper products.  We ran out of my stockpile of paper towels and I was hoping to be able to use my free item coupons.  Unfortunately, the coupons I had only covered the item up to $1.  I found some Marcal items at Stop and Shop, Staples, and Family Dollar, but at each store the products were too expensive to be worth the purchase with my measly coupon or they were out of stock.  On a whim, I went into a store that I rarely shop at (Market Basket) and found paper towels for $.99 so with my $1.00 coupon I got a bunch of paper towels for free.  Here's what I did:

12 Marcal Single Roll paper towels - $11.88
2 Marcal facial tissues - $2.18
-14 $1.00 MQ (Marcal)

Total Before Qs (with tax):  $14.66
Total After Qs:  $.66

I was pretty stoked about my deal.  At about a nickel an item, I'd say that is a rock-bottom price worthy of stockpiling.

I also did one transaction at CVS, but was a bit bummed that someone had cleared the shelf of the cheaper ROC items.  I was hoping that deal would be a MM for me.  Instead I bought some boring cleaning products that I was in need of.  Here's what I did here:

2 Fantastick Spray - $5.00
3 Windex Canister Wipes - $7.50 (I don't believe this product should have counted for this deal, but it had a sign on it so the manager allowed me to use it anyway.)
1 Pledge  - $3.50
2 Crest Tartar Control- $3.98
-3 $1.00 MQ (Windex)
-2 $1.00 MQ (Fantastic)
-$1.00 MQ (Pledge)
-2 $1.00 MQ (Crest)
-$4.00 off $20.00
-$7.98 ECB

Total Before Qs:  $19.98 (with tax it was over $20)
Total After Qs:  $0  :)  Yay!  Earned $5 ECB (cleaning supplies), $2 ECB (Crest)

So, I got some cleaning supplies that I really needed, but was a bit bummed to not increase my ECBs at all.  I am still hoping to do the ROC deal and get a Schick razor, Garnier, more Tresemme, Nivea, All Laundry Detergent, and I'm hoping to find the $1.00 Bandaids.  We shall see how that goes.  Walgreens actually looks good this week, but I'm probably going to take a pass and stick with CVS because the deals look better for what I am looking for.  Wish me luck!  TTFN!

3 comments:

MARCIA said...

Wow nice shopping. I learn something from you every time I log on. Thanks for sharing and educating me!!

Kim said...

Did you grab the spring savings book at MB? It has the $1 Tre Semme Coupons in it. I could not find any $1 band aids anywhere. What are you doing with the ALL? I did not get the BOGO coupons so I had 2/$2Q so I paid $3.49 for 2.

Ali said...

Kim--I did grab the spring savings book at market basket. Thanks though for the heads up. It has some good MQ and SQ in it. I decided against doing the Tresemme deal again. It just was a bit too expensive. I also couldn't find ANY $1 Bandaids. Sooooooo disappointed, but did the deal anyway and broke even with it. No MM! There weren't any BOGO Qs for the All. I did the same deal as you and happened to have a CRT to cover the OOP. Anyway. Sounds like you are staying up on all the deals! WTG!!!