Thursday, March 19, 2009

The New Look of $2.03~Shaw's


Transaction 1:  
1 Pancake/Waffle Syrup - $1.50
6 Rice Krispie Treats - $15.00
2 Frank's Red Hot Sauce - $1.38
6 Strawberry Pop Tarts - $15.00
2 Hood Frozen Yogurt (chocolate and strawberry, of course) - $7.58
2 4ct. Corn on the Cob - $6.18  (I was mischarged.  It should only be $5.38.  I want my $.80!!!  LOL!  Whatever!)
2 Deep Dish Pie Shells (Quiche, here I come!) - $5.38
2 Shaw's Steamy Vegetables - $3.58
2 Shaw's Lemonade - $2.38
1 Shaw's Presliced Bagels - $1.25
1 Cascade Crystal Clean Rinse Agent - $4.49

-2 $1.00 MQ (Kellogg's Rice Krispie)
-2 $.69 MQ (Frank's Hot Sauce) - FREE
-3 $1.00 MQ (Kellogg's Pop Tarts)
-2 $3.79 MQ (Hood's Frozen Yogurt) - FREE
-2 $2.69 Store Q (Corn on the Cob)
-2 $2.69 Store Q (Pie Shell) - Free
-2 $1.79 Store Q (Veggies) - Free
-2 $1.19 Store Q (Lemonade) - Free
-$1.39 Store Q (Bagel) - Free
-$4.49 MQ (Cascade) - Free
-$10 off MQ for purchasing $25 in Kellogg's products
-$10 CAT
-$2 CAT
-$2 CAT
-$2 CAT

Total Before Qs:  $63.72
Total After Qs:  $1.16

Transaction 2: 
1 lb. Carrots - $.50
5 lb. Potatoes - $2.50
3.30 lb. Pot Roast - $9.87

-$3.00 Store Q (Free potatoes and carrots when you purchase a roast.)
-$2 CAT
-$2 CAT
-$2 CAT
-$2 CAT
-$1 CAT (From Stop and Shop, Shaws does accept some other stores coupons)

Total Before Qs:  $12.87
Total After Qs:  $.87

Total Before Qs for the Day: $76.59 
Total After Qs for the Day: $2.03

These transactions worked out so great in part because I was able to use my Catalinas from last trip to bring my subtotals down even further.  Last week, I was also given two pamphlets filled with coupons that gave me many items free after coupon.  So, I only paid 2.65% of the retail price OOP.  Not too shabby, right?  Some of my Catalinas expire tomorrow so, I plan on going again.  The new circulars are out for Shaw's and it looks like starting tomorrow there is a sale on Kellogg's Cereal--buy 3 boxes of Kellogg's Cereal for $6 and get a free gallon of milk.  So, I plan on doing that deal a few times and we will see what else I am able to find.  TTFN!  Happy shopping.  ;)

3 comments:

Janae said...

Ali,
I am shocked that you didn't get the spray and wash deal! B1G1 with 75 cents off coupons doubled. That's 2 for 71 cents. Sorry! I guess I should have told you.
Janae

Anonymous said...

I'm moving, just to have a Shaw's. JK. Looks like you are having fun. do you buy extra papers or just the inserts.?

Ali said...

Janae--Oh that I had known about the Spray N' Wash deal. Oh well, you get some and you don't. I actually still try to get all of my cleaning supplies for free at CVS or Walgreens, so not sure I would have done it anyway.

Donalee--I AM having fun!!! I buy one paper and asked my newspaper delivery guy to give me any extra inserts he gets. He gives me 6 extra free of charge. It never hurts to ask around.